Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hello Lancaster!


Hey all!

Guess what! I'm still in Antelope Valley. But that's cool! I could spend my whole mission here and that'd be alright. I like AV. I have a new companion! His name is Elder Egburs, and he's great. He works hard and has limitless energy. He's also the district leader. This district is so cool! I went from a tiny 3 companionship one to one with five! And it's a great area.

Elder Egburs has been here before, and he's had a good time. But the area just got split, so we don't have that many unknocked doors. We're trying to get creative, like by inviting the primary kids to invite their friends to the primary program. I think it'll be really good.

We have a couple of cool investigators! Patty is an awesome old lady who has like 40 horses and tons of other animals. She's cool. We read Alma 32 with her and she's all "OH" and understood how to read the Book of Mormon with faith. We're still working on getting her a big one, haha.

The other investigator I've met is James. He has a broken neck, but is super cool and gets what we teach for the most part. He's very mainstream Christian and it's kinda interesting. We taught him a couple times during the week. We'd love to baptize him buuuuuut... he lives in a different stake. He was a friend of some members, and that's why he's around here.

We have like 5 other investigators, but I haven't met them yet.

I really like this valley. It's peaceful enough, and not as smoggy and hot as Bakersfield. There are lots and lots of different Christian churches, and I'm confident that the work will pick up and the wards and stakes will grow immensely.

Part of the struggle I see here is that people don't seem to realize that it's not just a church you go to, ours is a religion you live. And it'll change lives! But people seem to just think it's a different church to go to on Sunday. It's so much more than that. Living the Gospel of Christ in every aspect of your life, at all times, is what is intended. Not attending church occasionally. I love to see the difference it makes in the lives of new members who really strive to live the Gospel. There's a family that fed us the other day, and they were just baptized in the last year. They are so excited about the Gospel and about how it applies to everything, even movies. It was neat to see.

Thank you for your letters!

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment