Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Ministry of Angels

Hey all! I was reading 1 Nephi (again) this week. Every time I get something new out of it. This time I realized some of the magnitude of what we're doing here. Being part of the "great and marvelous work" means that we're messengers from the Lord, and part of that angelic ministry. Not to claim any credit or anything, I'm actually a pretty terrible angel, the Spirit does most of the work, haha.
 It's been a pretty alright week. We had exchanges and I walked man, many miles that day. Pretty much all the way across Lancaster. Gotta love helping with Spanish work. It's a good time, really. Pretty different sometimes though. I only catch about every third word, but it's enough to understand some of what's going on, and boy howdy do Spanish missionaries have to be bold.
 We had a cool experience with prayer this week! Elder Webb and I said a prayer to give away a book of mormon in an area that was pretty hard to find people in, and a guy came up and started talking to us really soon afterwards! I mean, he was pretty stoned, but he was still talking to us, and we taught him the restoration and gave him a copy. So I guess it works? But in all seriousness it was really cool.
 Some members were talking to us last night about work and how it was difficult for them to do missionary work with their friends at their workplaces (a surrogate motherhood insurance company in California and a Hollywood movie paramedic) and we got to share with them the power of Mormon messages and posting positive things online! They hadn't thought about it before, and were really excited to hear how powerful of an avenue it is! I

In other news, I crashed my bike! The bike is fine (actually better than before) but I was a little banged up. Taking it easy for a couple days for the sake of my knee. Ouch ouch, but nothing lasting. Also pulled a muscle in my side. Hopefully. Otherwise it would be a hernia or an ulcer or something. But whatever, it's totally fine! I can feel the Lord supporting us in this work, and we'll be fine as long as we're obedient and give it our all.
 Thanks for supporting your local (and foreign) missionaries!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment