Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Single Soul


Transfers are coming up next week! No idea where I'm going, might stay, might go.

I got to feel a little bit of charity this week. Not for everyone, but for one person, and it made an impact I'll never forget. Three months here so far, all led to one big change in one person who's already a member. But it's put them on the path to repentance, confidence, and a better life. Did it affect our work as missionaries? Yeah, we didn't get to do other stuff because we were busy with this. Somehow it was so much more than worth it. I got to see the value of one single soul, and feel to value it more than my own work and recognition. I get maybe a pat on the back and "good job" here in this life. Not even a number for key indicators. But to be able to rejoice with them in heaven and feel God's love for them was the best thing ever.

We also had a cool experience with following first impressions last night. We hadn't been able to find anyone all week, and it was rough. We were biking home and it was dark, but I decided to take a different route then normal. Then we came to a dirt road. I could have turned but felt like "eh we have time, why not" and rode across it. A little further and we came to an apartment complex, one where a referral was that we hadn't been able to contact. I had the thought "We could visit her! But it's dark already. But who knows, maybe it's the Spirit. And lo and behold it was! We finally met her and picked her up as an investigator! It was so satisfying!

We had stake conference this week, and I got to talk to Elder Ghent of the fifth quorum of the Seventy. It was cool. We were meeting people at the door when a bunch of other missionaries came up to us and asked "is he your investigator?" talking about a guy in the back. Turns out he lives in our ward boundaries and shows up sometimes, and he just comes to church sometimes! He's not really interested in talking to the missionaries though. Oh well. I guess it's good that he comes to church??

Coming up on nine months here... time goes by fast. I value it a lot though. It's good to be here, even if it's really dusty.

Thanks for being cool!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment