Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Lightheaded and Lighthearted


I spent most of this week horizontal. I was just really lightheaded all the time and had no energy. It was terrible.

But hey, it was still a good week! Stacey is still doing super well, she's really felt the Spirit at church and is getting along super well with the members. Now we just have to teach the commandments. Hard stuff, but that's where all the blessings are! And she definitely needs them. I'm so grateful to be a part of bringing the gospel into her life, she's so happy and will just get happier.

We had zone conference this week too! It's always good to be taught by president. And I saw a bunch of my friends! It was cool to be with Elder Taylor and Elder Coburn again. Plus a bunch of other missionaries. We talked about the gathering of Israel and the Book of Mormon. It's a good book. Ya'll should read it.

I learned something valuable this week. A member once told us that my companion and I took ourselves too seriously. I've realized that taking your calling seriously and yourself seriously are two different things. It's an important, serious job, being a missionary. But I don't have to be so hard on myself! It's possible to be lighthearted, dealing with mistakes with humor and grace, without being light-minded, taking away from the dignity of my calling.

Yep! So life is good. Thanks for supporting us, and sorry for the short email! Quiet week.
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment