Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I turned garlic bread years old (???)

I'm headed up to Bakersfield this week! I'll be in Olive Knolls ward, with Elder LeCompte. I hear it's a great ward and he's a chill dude. Also someone please tell me why hearing olive knolls makes me think of  those garlic bread knots you can buy at Walmart? I know I'm not the only one to think that.

Other than that, Elder Watkins was sick. Don't expect too fun of an email.

On Tuesday we talked about the Sacrament with Stacey. I did a lot of pondering about the sacrament and baptism, and what they mean to me. Especially the charge to "mourn with those  that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort." If Christ was willing to go through literally the hardest thing ever to be able to do so for me, I feel like I can endure some much smaller burdens in order to give some small comfort to those around me.

Wednesday and Thursday were more sick days. Being sick is so fun. It's not actually fun at all. But hey, patience. I guess we did have a pretty great lesson with Michael about the plan of Salvation. But it was a lesson to pass him to the YSA sisters. *sigh* In the words of President: "It still counts."

Friday we had district meeting and took care of some last business for Stacey's baptism. Paperwork!

Saturday Stacey got baptized! Incredible! I'm really happy about it, especially that I was able to be here for it. So many times I thought we'd have to change it, but things worked out! It was great, and I know she's on the right path. The restored  gospel truly is the way to eternal happiness.

Sunday was my birthday. Weird. No one had signed up for dinner, and while they were passing around the calendar, someone marked the day off as if it had  already happened! So we almost had no dinner. Only the relief society president knew what day it was, and she sent her son over with some pulled pork. Thank goodness for that. The YSA sisters heard about it too, and baked me a cake! Literal angels. Plus, Stacey's son, who hadn't been that interested, came to church! Hooray! So all in all, it was a good day.

It's important to try to look on the bright side when things might be starting to go bad. The Spirit will point out blessings and guide to more, but it can't if we're wallowing in misery. I'm pretty bad about that most of the time, but this week I did better and it made a difference! God can bless us more if we're grateful.

With one more year's worth of gratitude, thanks for all your support!

Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment