Sunday, January 7, 2018

"Is Every P-Day Christmas?"

Hey everyone!

This has been the best week of my mission yet. A little bit because of Christmas and a lot because of Elder Simpson. Seriously, this elder is great.

Elder Simpson is my new companion, and he came here all the way from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada! I can forgive him for that. At least for now. I'm sure someday we'll be drawing six-shooters on each other out here in the dusty streets, but we didn't have the time or energy to this week, haha.

The first half of this week went really well! We worked super hard and set up a lot of good return appointments. I mean, some of them fell through, but hey that's life. Some are still good.

Friday afternoon we both started to feel sick. Normally I haven't gotten sick at the same time as my companion. But I also don't normally get food poisoning. And so recovering from that was the rest of our week, pretty much, at least besides the Christmas festivities.

On the bright side, I can't think of an elder who I'd have a better time getting sick with. Elder Simpson and I had a lot of fun (at least compared to being sick alone) for people who couldn't eat much.

So merry Christmas everyone! It's a cool thing. I mean, as a missionary we're like 100% giving all the time, so that part is not too different for us. I'm grateful that we have a holiday to celebrate the Savior's birth though. It would not be some required feast like the Jews had, I don't think. It doesn't feel like Christ would ask that of us. Instead we have this great chance to do whatever we feel is best to celebrate our families and the wonderful events surrounding the birth of Jesus. It's totally different for everyone! Some things are the same though. Last night we had Guatemalan Tamales (VERY different) and sang Christmas carols (very much the same.) It's cool to just be a part of it, to celebrate along with everyone in our unique ways of showing the Lord how we fulfill the commandments to love Him and love one another.

I'll talk to most of you again next year! ;P
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment