Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Not Even We Get Nice Weather

Hey everyone!

Despite the weather (though I'm sure everyone else's was much worse), we've had a good week out here in California City, California! Actually, it's been the best week yet!

We got to go on exchanges with the Rosamond elders earlier this week (love those guys) and we had an incredible time. It's the first time I've hit our finding goal on exchanges in a good long while, so that was really fun. It's so satisfying to testify to people of the great things we have and to see them react positively. I can't wait to see some of them progress :)

The next morning we helped someone move. It was a stressful morning though, because a plumber was supposed to be coming around 9, and by the time we had to leave (11 or so) he still hadn't come! And we really needed to get our sink fixed. It was a Problem. So we went and helped a lady move into Mojave, ended our exchange, and came back unto town. We got back just in time to see the plumber about to drive away after finding us not at home! So we were still able to get our sink fixed. God's looking out for us by helping us get home at just the right time, even if the plumber is late.

We also got to have interviews with our mission president this week. Since one of our zone leaders is in the hospital (a story for some other time), he had some extra time and called our whole district in. He shared some really powerful thoughts about teaching repentance and expressed how proud he and the Lord are of the work we do. Sometimes it feels like the stuff we do out here in the Muroc district goes unnoticed, which is fine-tune kingdom is run by thousands of people quietly serving with no thought of recognition. It was nice to have that reassurance, though. It was a very sacred experience for me.

The Atonement of Christ really is the secret to happiness. If I've learned anything, it's that. I'm happy now! I think it shows through in my letters. I hope so. Not that I wasn't before, but there's just something so satisfying about knowing my Savior and growing closer to Him. It's nourishment for the soul. More than transient excitement, more than brief pleasure, knowing what I know and trying to live as He lived gives me such joy and fulfillment. We can have a bad day, but every week us the best week because I get to take the sacrament and encourage others to make and keep covenants with the Lord. I don't worry about being imperfect anymore, because I know we all can be someday. Maybe not right this minute, but just like a parent is proud of a baby's first steps, Heavenly Father is proud of our most simple, inadequate efforts, and helps us- even when we're not perfect. Truly, we can hope for a better world through Christ.

Thank you for all your support!
Elder Adams

Pic 1: A brief break from cloudy skies.
Pic 2: Not my glasses (but aren't I handsome??)
Pic 3: Bros before snows (he's so far from Canada, the poor boy)


No comments:

Post a Comment