Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Transfer 14, Week III: Revenge of the Sick

Hey everybody!

Don't let the title fool you, it has definitely been the best week. I'm just sick again, for the third time in two months, and it'd be really comical if not that I felt so bad ;P

Seriously great week though. We went on exchanges with the North Edwards elders and had a lot of fun having them around and getting a bunch of work done. The next morning we helped them do some service- cleaning out a garage and moving some trees. Normal stuff.

We also had to drive all the way down to Lancaster to get our car serviced. We got there and the guy told us "Yeah sorry we're behind because our compressors weren't working this morning." Oh. Okay. Yeah I mean I guess we have to wait. It was alright though- smartphones mean we can even use that time productively.

The rest of the week was super bomb for finding, seriously. It was so so cool. We've got a million and one potential investigators and referrals that are in the computer that we didn't know about until now, so we've been stopping by them and trying to meet them. Some of them have moved, and others aren't interested. Some of them are though, and that's really neat. We met a really awesome gal named Jasmine. She's really interested because there are a lot of members on her mom's side of the family, but she wasn't raised around them so she's not as familiar with what we believe, but she wants to know more. There were also a couple people we talked to when the person we were looking for wasn't there who I really thought were just going to shoo us away, but they invited us in! How kind! It's so good to be able to share the wonderful truths we have with people, especially about the Book of Mormon.

We've been trying to figure out a good way to have our coordination meeting with the ward, and a member of the bishopric asked us if we could just take a little time in ward council instead of having a separate meeting. Since only so much of the information we talk about in the meetings we have actually gets to the ward council, yes we'd absolutely love to go. Hopefully we'll get to- it'd really help us work more closely with the ward.

The work here is so great. Really California City is desolate, miserable place. Not happy at all. But! The people are worth so so much to God, and so they're worth a lot to me. I really like the ward here, and want it to grow. I've been in this area for the longest out of any one of my mission, and couldn't be anywhere longer with the time I've got left. I've seen so many great things here, I really love it. I can't believe I didn't want to go to this area at first, it's been my favorite. God's got big things in mind for every single person on earth, and He certainly sees a lot further than we do. I'm truly grateful that I have the chance to serve Him and the people here. It's the most fulfilling thing I've ever done.

Thank you for all your support!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment