Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Most Important Week Ever

Hey everyone!

It's been the best week ever! The week of General Conference is always really cool, especially on the mission. I love getting to hear instructions from the prophets and apostles.

This week was pretty cool for us, we got to teach some really great lessons to our investigators, and set several of them with baptism dates. We retaught the restoration to one guy, and he thought it was so cool. He had heard it before, but understood it a lot better this time. He told us that he was really pumped about the gospel and learning whether the Book of Mormon is true or not.

We got a referral from some Spanish missionaries for a kid in our area who has been taught almost everything, but had been going to the Spanish ward with his grandma. She moved though, and he really only speaks English, so they felt like it would be better for him to come to our ward. We got to sit down and teach him too, and he's so ready! He loves the church, even though he couldn't understand much, and he knows what he's been taught really well. We're super excited to help him make a covenant with God, and hope it'll help get his family more active in the church.

Oh boy, what a conference that was! It was so exciting! I love seeing these kinds of things happen, we might have solidly established doctrine, but changes and advancements in the organization that is the church to help us fulfill our purpose are so cool to see. It's evidence to me that the kingdom of God is really governed by "revelation adapted to the circumstances in which the children of the kingdom are placed." We've got a prophet who cares a lot about us and the church, and loves the Savior and follows His example. Isn't that the neatest thing?

I loved when Elder Uchtdorf talked about what the most important day is,and how for each of us it is the day we commit to follow the Savior and try to repent. Wouldn't it follow that the most important day is also the best day? Even more evidence that every week is the best week ever, because every week I'm trying harder to follow my Redeemer. What a wonderful opportunity! I also really appreciated Bishop Causse's story about his objectives as a stake president. I'd love to have great numerical success. But it's really about individuals. I've come to really learn that on my mission. Related shout-out to Elder Simpson and Elder Coburn, commenting on stuff on Facebook and trying to make me cry because they're so nice. I'm so grateful to have met so many awesome people here, and I hope I've touched their lives a fraction of how they've touched mine.

Thank you for all your support!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment