Saturday, February 11, 2017

Plagues

So I've been sick. Super sick this week. We had two exchanges too, so not a lot has happened. I get feeling a little better and say "oh I can ride a bike now" and then get way more sick. Gah. It's frustrating being the sick companion instead of having a sick companion. It started as a sore throat, then a cold, then nausea, and now a sinus infection. I am not yet as Job though, and have no need to be.

I learned a lot though, and we still have a lot of good stuff planned. We had two exchanges this week, one with our zone leaders and one with our district leaders. We got to meet some cool people for them, but not for us. But we got to meet a part member family in Quartz Hill that wasn't on their list! I was too focused on where I was going and Elder Rojo saw the mom and stopped me. I'm glad he was paying attention- we got to teach the family a message about Christ and I got to give out the bible I didn't know why I was carrying around! I learned to slow down and pay more attention. Apparently I move too swiftly sometimes.

A lesson did get taught to our one investigator by Elder Webb and Elder Markwalter. His name is Charlie and he hasn't been progressing too well. Yet. A lot of the members were telling us to drop him and I was starting to agree, but Elder Webb's optimism and a healthy dose of discernment from outside our companionship helped us to know that we really just needed to go back to basics with him. Better yet, a big focus of our zone training meeting was helping investigators to pray! Hopefully things will start to pick up this week because of what we've learned.

We did a lot of service this week! I mean, looking back, that probably didn't help my being sick at all, but hey: wearing out my life in the service of God, right? It was cool. I'm glad to be able to help out members, especially when they really need it because they're old or have had surgery and stuff like that.

I'm not sure what cool spiritual experience to share this week, so I'll just say this: I love the Book of Mormon. It's cool as heck and brings you closer to God. If you read it with your family it'll bring you closer to your family! If you have problems it'll help you find comfort and solutions to your problems. And even if it has it's sad parts, it points to the ultimate happy ending: eternal life with our loving Heavenly Father.

Elder Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment