Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sierra Ward

Hello all!

Little bit of a slow week, getting rolling in a new area with a new companion and all that. We weren't able to teach a whole lot, but we did have a couple of good opportunities to meet people in the ward!

There's this awesome recent convert named Terry. He came to us while I was in Sierra ward that week when I was in a trio and asked whatever happened to his recent convert lessons? He'd been baptized more than a year ago and they just kinda... didn't happen. So we told the new elders and they got started on it and now we get to finish! Terry is such a go-getter, it's awesome. He even got to talk about missionary work this sunday! We got to teach Gospel Principles again, which I enjoyed. It takes me back to teaching gospel doctrine at college, haha.

So we had a huge change this week! There was a worldwide missionary broadcast and they changed the schedule a bunch! Companion study and stuff like 12-week training are supposed to go in the day at some point instead of at the beginning all the time, and planning is in the morning now. I'm glad, it feels more valuable. We can also go to bed at 9:30 if we want (thank goodness bikes make me so tired.) We also keep track of less numbers now- just people baptized, baptismal dates, investigators at church, and new investigators. I'm glad, I feel like it'll really help us focus on what's important.

Our district leader counseled us to go visit all the auxiliary and priesthood leaders in the ward to meet them and see if they had anything for us to do. We met some, but we hadn't gotten to actually sit down and talk with the Slaytons (the high priests' group leader and young women's president.) Brother Slayton did ask us if we had a dinner on Sunday, but we did. Then dinner canceled so we got to eat with them! Apparently the Spirit can make people forget things like feeding the missionaries if we need to go somewhere else, haha. I thought everyone was going to tell us the same people to see, but we haven't been told the same person twice! I'm glad we can do something to help out the ward.

I really love this work. Being out here, on the frontlines against the adversary. It's made me care a lot more about people and helped me realize what's important in life. This is the Lord's work, and He could do it Himself, but He works with us and lets us do it and make mistakes sometimes so that we can learn and become more like Him. It's so wonderful.

Thanks for being great!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment