Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Fastest Transfer Ever

Hey all!

Sorry for no email last week! It was a crazy day for us and it just kinda didn't end up getting written. That's okay though, because now I get to write some of the highlights of the best two weeks ever. 

First off, transfers are tomorrow! I will be staying this time (thank goodness) and Elder Wright will be leaving to Quartz Hill in my old stomping ground of Lancaster. My new companion will be Elder McEntire, who I've actually served with before! I like the guy, he's cool. This will be his first normal ward in the city though, so it'll be a change of pace for him! 

So a cool thing happened this week, and it's that we had a baptism! Our buddy Adrian made a covenant with God and became a member of the church. It was a really neat experience for everyone there. The baptism itself was very simple, and it was nice. His uncle baptized him, and I got to do the confirmation the next day. He's a good kid, and I'm excited to see his family keep getting more and more active.

We spent lots of time these past couple weeks contacting referrals and potential investigators. Our results have been a pretty mixed bag, haha. No one's gotten angry at us, but we've met a lot of people who have moved and some that became members since they sent the referral! But we did meet a couple really cool new people. Well, we always meet cool new people, but the ones this week were great. One guy had just finished college, and was pretty disillusioned with modern religion. Boy do we have a message for him! 

This transfer flew by so fast. The mission feels like it's been forever, but so short at the same time. Not to say that I'm done! I've got a whole three month mission ahead of me, and we've got a lot of good things going for us in this area! It's gonna be great.

Thanks for all your support!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment