Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Feeling the Heat

Hey everyone!

It's been a lit week here! Really, the best week ever, I think. 

All sorts of stuff happened this week that doesn't normally happen in a week. We had interviews with President, which was cool. Hard to believe that it was my second to last one. Agh. We also went on a short exchange with the Bakersfield first elders- Elder Jones was sick, and they had some appointments they still needed to cover, so I stayed with him while Elders Taylor and McEntire went out and did some good work. We also had district meeting, which is normal, except that the assistants came to do the training! That was cool. I actually know both of them really well, so it was fun. 

This week was our first week of the year with triple digits! Pic attached. It got up to 106 on Sunday though. Good thing we have plenty of people to teach, so we can spend plenty of time in the AC, haha. Speaking of which, we got to set Roberto with a new date for baptism! We'd hardly seen him because he was dealing with some absolutely bonkers life stuff, but now he's got time again and we can meet with him. He's super great. Hopefully he'll be getting baptized in July!

We got to meet with a lot of people who had been missing for a little while this week. We got to sit down and teach Lorena and Gerardo this week- twice! They are really cool. She wants to get baptized and join the church, but she's still unsure about a lot of things and has some misconceptions. She comes to church a lot because she feels the Spirit. When she first started meeting with missionaries, she didn't feel so comfortable asking questions, but now she is really willing to. She doesn't know very much about the Bible, so she has lots of questions about it as well. Because she talks more, Gerardo feels more comfortable talking about his concerns and questions too. We're making really good progress with them! 

Here's our cool finding miracle for the week: Sunday night we had a lesson fall through in Arvin. It was 8:20 or so, and we couldn't just head back yet. We were one person away from our finding goal for the week, so we prayed and asked where we should go to find that one last person who was willing to hear us out that week. We went to a certain potential investigator's house- she wasn't home. But her neighbor was, and he was working on his car. Said neighbor's son was there, and he was willing to hear us out! The Lord gives us what we ask for when we exercise our faith! 

Not that I'm done yet, I'm definitely not, but I've been doing a lot of introspection about my mission so far. I've learned a lot. It's been really hard at times, too! But God always helped me through, whether by helping me directly, or through others. One constant source of support has been my wonderful parents. They've unfailingly supported and encouraged me, sharing their spiritual and missionary experiences, as well as advice and motivational words whenever I needed them. They've been angels to me. I'm also really grateful for the Savior and His atonement. What a wonderful thing. To know that not only did the Savior suffer through everything that I have and will, and paid the price for my sins, but did so while suffering for everyone else. It's awe inspiring. And He pushed on, through and through, never taking a break or asking for a second to catch his breath. It motivates me more to work hard and be diligent. 

Thank you for all your support everyone! 
Elder Adams

1. There it is, the triple digits. 
2. The excitement behind our apartment complex. There was a fire like 500 yards away. Also lit. 
3 - 6. A bunch of zone and district pictures. Sorry the picture quality got murdered in a back alley somewhere. Not my fault. Pic 5 features the assistants. 





No comments:

Post a Comment