Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Shortest Week Ever

Hey all!

It's been the best week ever! We got to go to the temple! I mean technically the last email I sent was on that day, but hey. So y'all've heard most of what happened to me already. Sorry if this one's a little boring because of that. I promise stuff happened this week. I just can't remember a lot of the stuff I didn't already say.

It's been a little hectic this week. We did a bunch of service for a nonmember in our area. She's a real nice lady who was super overwhelmed with the state of her backyard, so we cleared it out for her. We actually had to come back another time with another set of missionaries to finish the job, it was pretty overgrown. It was a nice change of pace though. I even managed to even out my collar tan a little bit by getting the worst sunburn I've had on the mission. Oops.

We met a couple new people out in Arvin and Lomnt, which is cool. It's always a long drive, and something always falls through, so it's good to have more people to visit when we go there and stuff falls through. There was a really cool couple the Spanish elders had met and we're pretty excited to go visit them. 

This weekend the YSA sisters had a baptism! I did the interview, so we got to go see it. I love seeing baptisms. It's always really spiritual and I learn so much every time I see someone make that covenant. The Spirit was so strong there that I thought to myself that I wouldn't mind having to deal with all the hard bits of being a missionary, forever if I could only see that more often. It's so special because I know how much joy and peace these people who join the church are going to receive.

Thanks for all your support everyone! 
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment