Tuesday, July 10, 2018

FINAL ROUND: Monica!

Hey everyone!

This week has been the best week ever! Why? Transfer calls have come, and the result is that Elder McEntire and I will be staying for my last transfer! Wow. That's a weird thing to say. I've been in his position twice and it's certainly strange strange to be the elder who is almost done. Can't say I'm unhappy about it though, it's a great area with a great companion. It's like the missionary celestial kingdom here. 

At church this week someone told the story from Elder Rasband about when he helped President Eyring assign mission calls when he was a member of the 70. One thing that stick out to me was how President Eyring said he liked to imagine where the missionaries serving would end their missions. Was that something someone thought of for me? That I'd be here, in such a great place? I mean, looking back, it's obviously part of the plan. I don't think I expected it though. I'm pleasantly surprised :)

We started off this week really well! Tuesday was awesome. We worked really hard to find new npeople to teach, and it seemed like everyone was willing to listen, which was neat. We met a ton of new people. It was good we met so many people then though, because we started having some car trouble on Wednesday night, and our car would spend most of Thursday and Friday in the shop. Our area is huge and we don't even live inside it, so that made work a little challenging. We still did our best though. We kept working through the end of the week, but it wasn't too exciting. Just satisfying. 

This past week for fast Sunday I was pondering on what I'd learned on my mission so far, and what would stick with me when I go home. I realized that although I feel a need to pray now, I don't know if I would feel the same deep need to read the book of Mormon every day when I don't have time set aside for it. So I decided to fast and pray for that desire--to spiritually need the book of Mormon as much as I need to eat. And it worked! In just the past week I've really felt a great need to read it. I already was, but now I'm excited about it, like a hungry man sitting down to a meal. It's a really cool thing that God blessed me with this week, and I hope I'll be able to help others develop the same feelings over the next six weeks! 

Thanks for all your support! 
Elder Adams



Pic: Sometimes, on the really smoggy days, I like to pretend that there might be ocean beyond these hills. I mean, we can't see the mountains on the other side :P

No comments:

Post a Comment