Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Temple Trip

Hey everyone!

It's been the best week and a half ever here in Monica ward! Sorry for no email on Monday, because today is our pday- we're headed to the temple! I get to go again in two weeks, but that time it won't count as Pday. Just this time. Anyway, it's still great out here. 

We had exchanges with the zone leaders again this week! It's always cool to see how things go I. Their area, even if I can only kinda tell what's happening- I only know so much Spanish. Exchanges were cut kinda short though, because we had zone conference the next day. Another cool thing. I had to bear my testimony because I'm leaving... It's still not real! Not ready to go! 

It was another really hardworking week here too. We really had to pound some pavement to make up for the time that we missed out on at the beginning of the week. It doesn't help that it's been triple digits most of the week. Although it's not so bad, we're getting used to it. One day we were really just not feeling good--it was hot and we were tired and things just were not clicking that day. The Spirit told us to tract, so we went to a street and knocked on every door. It was actually awesome! We found two new people that seemed really cool! 

We got to teach our investigator Roberto as well. That was a good lesson, and we dug up some of his concerns that are still floating around. Hopefully he'll be baptized before I leave. He's been taught for long enough, and he wants to be. All that's left is making sure he remembers and lives everything.

I'd talk about the last two days, but just in case the rest of the week isn't as interesting, I'll save it for next week. Instead, I'll tell you about some incredible news I got! Gina, the investigator who got baptized after I left Cal City, got engaged! Which hopefully means they'll be getting sealed next year. That's the most exciting, satisfying thing. I can't stop smiling about it! 

I had a cool reminder this week of why I try to work diligently and of what the Savior's Atonement means to me. I was pondering and remembered the feelings I've had when I've really felt the forgiveness that comes from repentance. I can't really express how much it means to me to know that I can be worthy to have the Holy Ghost and come to live with God again after this life with my family. I hope all of you feel those same feelings!

Thanks for all your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment